Living into a country where certain books are being banned where conversations are not deep much and where education is closing doors for people, I see this as a stage of emergency.
On this Teacher’s day where I feel proud to be a part education society I also feel scared about lot of things which are coming as shock or terror to the education society.
India in particular is at a stage of emergency where education is at stake and there are following things which come as a terror to me:
- conventional, Conservative method might come back into picture and education will again become limited to certain type of books only.
- Psychology and human connection might loose its space from education or may be from bigger system also..
- No more individualistic needs will addressed
- No more scholars will publish their work and put their views upfront openly
- Books, intellectuals, scholars, psychologists, educationists, philosophers having a revolutionary opinion will be behind the bars.
It is enough to tell us that we are entering into this emergency unconsciously and no doubt we will become slaves of what they want to teach us not what we want to Learn or explore.
There will definitely be schools, colleges, universities all the structures that are required to show that we are providing education but there will be no real education, no real growth.
It is time to think, but don’t share that will not be allowed from now.